Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun With Family In The Army

     Yesterday was a very big day for us.  My brother and his family came into town for a visit.  This is the last time we will probably see them before he gets deployed to Afghanistan.  Right now they are stationed in Kentucky at Fort Campbell and he will be with the 101st Airborne Division (Infantry).  He is a Combat Medic in the Army and this will be his 2nd deployment.  His first was of course to Iraq, and he was there around 18 months.  With this deployment, he will be there at least a year but could definitely be longer.  Prayers will definitely be appreciated for my brother and his family during this trying time.
     However, we were able to have a fun morning yesterday.  We had breakfast and then went to the park and played with the kids.  Here are a few pix:
My kids and my nieces all swinging together!  Plus, my brother in the red jersey, my sis-in-law in the pink shirt, and my mother in the blue shirt.
A very tired little boy...  He could barely stay awake!
He had that look on his face the whole time, lol!  We couldn't stop laughing at him.
Playing with her brother's bottle...but of course didn't want to drink it.
So exhausted...
About to doze...
Having SO much fun with brother's bottle!
SMILE!!!!!
Cheesy smile!!!!!

So it was a great morning, of course until they had to leave.  They gave us presents, the kids and my hubby got army t-shirts, and Kaydence got a teddy bear with dog tags as well, and I got a wreath that says army sis on it.  I will take pix and put them up before long.  They are SO cute!  I may not be all that close with my brother or talk to him a lot, but I love him dearly, and have so much respect for what he does for our country.  He is a wonderful man whom I am so proud to call my brother.  I love you Sgt. Damon Woodall.

Bridgett

1 comment:

  1. your brother is doing a great deal for our country and iam very thankful for that, my bff's husband is over there now and will be home in july,i understand were your coming from on not being close to your brother and dont talk much but my brother is a wonderful man, husband and father

    ReplyDelete